NPCI launches RuPay JCB Global Card

Mumbai: National Payment Corporation in India (NPCI) and JCB International Co. Ltd. (JCBI), a subsidiary of international operations, JCB Co., Ltd., with Indian banks, announced the launch of RuPay JCB Global Cards, which can be used on RuPay cards for accepting cards in India and JCB’s acceptance cards outside India for POS and ATM. This is the first ever JCB card in India.
The state bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Andhra Bank, City Union Bank, TJSB Bank and many other banks will issue RuPay-JCB Global Cards.
Following the provision of POS terminals and ATMs in India for the incoming members of the JCB card in 2017, both sides entered the second phase of the strategic partnership with this launch to meet the need to increase Indian travelers abroad.
As a launch campaign, NPCI and JCBI jointly offer a special cashback program in which card members can receive a refund of 15% for POS transactions outside India and an additional 15% (total 30%) in selected popular destinations for Indian travelers: Thailand, Singapore and UAE . * Terms and conditions apply. In addition, JCB provides international services such as card clubs in the city, called JCB Plaza Lounge, in the United States, France, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, as well as JCB Plaza in Japan and around year promotional campaigns around the world. the world.
At the launch ceremony held today, Dilip Asbe, director and director, NPCI said: “Cooperation NPCI-JCB is one of the most valued alliances for our home card network, RuPay. Our connection enables the RuPay JCB Global card to use its cards in tens of millions of locations worldwide. The cardholder will enjoy facilities such as JCB Lounges at airports in China, Japan, Hawaii, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Korea. With this initiative, both companies will continue to provide high value services to our customers, especially Indian travelers traveling overseas. “
Ichiro Hamakawa, President and CEO, JCB Co., Ltd. and JCB International Co., Ltd. said: “We greatly appreciate our valuable partnership with NPCI, which continues with great steps in moving India towards a country that has a real digital payment. I am sure that RuPay / JCB Global Card will enrich the customers’ payment experience, thanks to the rapid growth of Indian travel travelers.

Sharing is caring!